Re: [ST] SpeedTV and TWT

--- "John Petrey, Jr." <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 10:03 AM 7/21/2005, Dan wrote:
> >Yes, hopefully more motorcycling coverage is in the future at Speed, but it
> >seems their trend with their new management is toward shows like Pinks and
> >Texas Hard Tails.  Sure, there's motorcycle content there (guessing from the
> >commercials since I haven't watched them), but I dodn't think motorcycling
> is
> >the point of those shows.
>
> Yes, I guess Speed calling Texas HT a MC show is like Warner Bros. calling
> Daffy Duck a duck hunting show. Does Elmer chase him around with a gun?
> Yeah, but...
> I guess Tx HT is a 'MC lifestyle' show? How about a 'MC lifestyle's show
> along the lines of Long Way Round. That I would watch. Does anyone know if
> MOTO WORLD is still on? I used to see it on ESPN2 but heard it was maybe on
> Turner or something. Haven't seen it in a while.

I'm afraid the current managment at Speed is set on airing shows influenced by
reality TV and/or Entertainment Tonight, whether it's motorcycling, NASCAR, or
whatever.  I wonder if they're actually getting focus group feedback, or
listening to any viewer feedback about their choices.

> >"NASCRAP"?  Some of us are also NASCAR fans (ok, maybe just me) and I agree
> >that Speed has been heavily weighted toward NASCAR coverage, but please...
> >show
> >some maturity about it.
>
> How about NECKCAR? That's my fav.
> No disrespect intended. Dissing NAS**** is kinda a sport in and of itself.

I know... LOL.  That's the first time I've heard NECKCAR.  I didn't mean to
come across that harsh there... just commenting the petty-sounding ramblings
when a person twists names of something he/she doesn't like.  All in fun.
Speaking of which, I'm going to be at a NASCRAP|NECKCAR|NASCAR race at PPIR in
Colorado this weekend.  Not riding the ST there, unfortunately, as it will be
undergoing a chain replacement operation this weekend.

Dan