To: <st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 2:15 PM
Subject: [ST] for Zoltan - GP thrills

>>> I watched Jochen Rindt win big in Hockenheim in '68. I watched Jim
Clarkedie in Hockenheim when there were no schikanes and guard rails going through the forest. I watched Mario Andretti clinch the world championship in Hockenheim in 78. <<<

Ah, poor Zoltan!... due to your youth - no fault of your own - you missed Fangio's five World Championships, Moss' incredible career including his record breaking win of the 1955 Mille Miglia - marred by the fatal crash of Fon Portago - at an average speed of 98 mph, Dan Gurney bringing Porsche their 1st GP win in 1962 and Hailwood's nine World Championships and his win of the Isle of Man F1 TT after eleven years in retirement.
And - most thrilling of all - former 7-time Motorcycle World Champion Sir John Surtees' Formula One GP World Championship win in 1964; so far the only Motorcycle World Champion to repeat that remarkable accomplishment in cars. Barring a female terrorist with car keys and a cellphone, it's a feat I hope to live to see equalled by Valentino Rossi,... and in the not too distant future!
Cheers;

doggydoo       - - - o%\o