Re: [ST] Cruise control recommendations or 2001 Sprint ST for sale

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Rich Pardo wrote:

-Any recommendations for a cruise control or for making the bike more
-comfortable?

Heya Rich,

Have you tried a "Throttle Rocker"?  You should be able to catch one at your
local dealer for $10...but look for the one piece plastic rather that the
velcro contraption it evolved into.  While not a throttle lock, it lets you
use a more relaxed grip on the throttle since your palm helps twist the
throttle down.

A pricer solution is the ThrottleMeister, a bar-end weight replacement that
you turn to use friction against the end of the throttle tube to stick it into
place. These can usually go with you to your next bike with changes to the
shims during installation.

I have both the Rocker and the Meister and find I don't use the Meister as
much anymore, only locking it up when I need to do something that requires my
right hand, or for extended drones down the slab.  But it's nice to have...

Another neat trick that's been posted here is the Caterpillar O-Ring that's
big enough to ride on your bar end weight and can be rolled into the gap
between the throttle tube and bar end to stick it in place with
friction.  It's a less than $4 throttle lock solution but the part number
escapes me so you'll have to search the archives a little.

I'm sure there are others like Vista Cruise, etc. that use the external
locking cages with a thumb lever to hold the throttle.

Another thought that pops to mind is to change your grips to something that
will offer you more comfort.  There are gel grips, larger diameter grips,
etc. assuming you don't have the factory heated grips as I doubt you'd want to
loose those!

FWIW, HIH.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\