RE: [ST] Cruise control recommendations or 2001 Sprint ST for sale

My other bike is a Guzzi V700, a more upright riding position to be sure.

I guess I lean on the bars more than I should, but do people really ride these for several hours and not lean on the bars? I guess I need to ride more.

Thanks.

From: "Dave Smoot" <DSSmoot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Cruise control recommendations or 2001 Sprint ST for sale
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:03:02 -0400

Rich said: "Any recommendations for a cruise control or for making the bike more
comfortable?"

Throttlemeister. I know, I know, I know....they are not cheap. It does work very well.

"my right hand goes numb after leaning on the throttle
for any length of time"

Err, shouldn't be "leaning" on your throttle hand anyway. We have had quite a few folks complain about this over the years. How long have you been riding the Sprint? What kind of bike did you have before this? On most Sport Touring bikes and virtually all Sport bikes you have to get in the habit of using your abs and your quads to hold up your upper body. Your arms should be loose and relaxed. No locking of the elbows or squeezing of the grips recommended as everything your front wheel does will be transmitted by your arms through your body and into the chassis. If you are new to the Sprint, you might want to keep at it for a bit as many on the list have had to make this adjustment. Many have done so, and been glad they didn't give up on the bike.

Dave