Re: [ST] Cruise control recommendations or 2001 Sprint ST for sale

Not leaning on the bars and keeping the wrists and elbows loose are techniques I had to learn too (coming from bikes with armchair ergos). I had sore wrists and a sore neck from riding the Sprint for a couple of months after buying an early '99 ST. I'm still riding a '99 with stock 'ergos'. That is, the bars and seat are stock, heated grips and throttlemeister are not. Most of the miles I've put on the ST are long distance and it's not unusual for me to put in several consecutive 600-800 mile days. My ST and I have been to all the western states (some several times), several East of the Mississippi, four provinces and Alaska. I have no complaints about the ergos. A Goldwing would be more comfortable, but not as much fun.

Dan Wallander
'99ST
Albuquerque, NM

Rich Pardo wrote:

My other bike is a Guzzi V700, a more upright riding position to be sure.

I guess I lean on the bars more than I should, but do people really ride these for several hours and not lean on the bars? I guess I need to ride more.

Thanks.