Re: [ST] Fork oil question

---- Jeremy Witt <jeremyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can someone with a 2001 ST verify that the stock fork oil level is
> 145mm?  Thanks!

I'm going from memory (I"m at work), but that number sounds correct from my recent reading of the 2002 Sprint factory service manual. I just changed my fork oil. Went with 10wt and it was much happier. I used the recommended volume (cc's) and never measured the level. Actually, I just put 16oz down each leg which is about 15cc more than the manual suggests. Might have been able to overfill just a bit more by splitting the liter bottle and not having any leftover. The slightly reduced air volume should provide a bit more "spring" to reduce dive during braking.

Garry