[ST] Speed TV and TWT

No matter what you say about Nascar on Speed, it DOES pay the bills.
Personally, I don't care if MotoGP is on in prime time Tuesday night, or
3:00 am Thursday, my DVR records it either way.  My biggest fear is that new
shows like THT and Celebrity Poker (On SPEED, fer crissakes) are turning
Speed into just another network.  Anyone else remember Larry Nuber and the
small dirt track coverage they USED to have on ESPN (Thursday Night Thunder
???)  Or the coverage of the IKF Nationals?   Replaced by Joe Blow's "Just
Another Stupid Sports Talkshow" featuring dimwits who's greatest achievement
in sports was probably handing out towels in their high school locker room.

Give me Nascar, LOTS OF IT, so it can finance sending the boys to cover F1,
and WRC, and WSB, and round the clock coverage of Le Mans.  And in the not
to distant future when satellite feeds of the BBC's coverage are available
on my computer, I'll be the first to sign up, if for no other reason than to
spare myself the inane announcers on CBS' coverage of F1.

One last thought:  there is a little moto coverage on OLN that I don't think
anyone has mentioned.  IIRC, a TV mag by the folks at Dirt Rider has had a
few good episodes.  I remember one about a few magazine types touring Belize
on dirt bikes.

David
'99ST