Re: [ST] ST Ignition Wires- user fixable?

Hi Marc,

I've successfully fixed this problem on two STs.

First of all, removing the ignition switch is impractical without special tools but all you really need to do is to remove the top yoke with the switch attached. Then you can prise off the bottom of the ignition switch and check all the wiring.

One of the bikes I fixed had the wires come away from the switch contacts.
The other had a broken wire (the large white one).

Both were fixed with a few minutes work with a soldering iron and some heat shrink.

HTH,
Howlin'