Re: [ST] Ideas on Chain and Sprocket sources and prices please

> I am running a 17/43, and love it. I ride hard through twisties through
out upstate NY and Eastern/mid PA every sunday, and have no probs with the
revs in transport mode on the slabs. It runs about 5400rpm at 70ish mph,
which is the average slab speed for me.

      Front Back Ratio 0-60 0-100 top
      19 43 2.26 4.06 8.45 166*
      19 45 2.37 3.61 8.44 158*
      18 43 2.39 3.59 8.41 157
      18 45 2.50 3.66 8.23 150
      17 43 2.53 3.64 8.20 149
      17 45 2.65 3.54 8.27 142

My ST has the stock 19/43 and I'll be switching to 19/45.  My RS has the
18/43, like Garry, and you can sure tell it.  An aftermarket can sure helped
both. I'd bet your 17/43 would rip your arms out.  I'm into long distance
runs and putting on the third set of tires, a chain and sprocket at 13K,
plus a small fortune if you do the 12 K service (did that myself) by the
book at a dealer is massive envoice shock.  Not to mention, the 18/43 plus
can, plus tune sucks gas big time.  19/45 should give me a very small
compromise on gas mileage but it doesn't turn as tight front or rear, maybe,
so it might wear longer.  Also, I'm sticking with steel sprockets just for
the wear factor (AFAM has a specially hardened one for the Sprint).  I've
gotten tires down to the Pirelli Strada or Avon 45/46.  My front Z4 went
about 9K and neither a Z4 nor a Z6 could crack 5K.  Guess if I slowed down I
could extend all my numbers but what fun would that be?