RE: [ST]rear hub play. follow up

I use high temp lithium grease and slap it on good.

Also, I've seen mention of deedle or needle bearings.  Are the bearings on the SSSA different?  A guy at work mentioned that a cars bearings are trapazoidal in shape? and you can see the bearing is long.
		 ____
		/    \
	     /      \
	    /        \

Mine look more like a big version of sealed skateboard bearings instead of a cone.  If that's true, maybe that's the difference.

<SNIP>
 I reassembled all of the original parts with plenty of
heavy duty synthetic grease.  I've put 8,000 miles on the bike since and
haven't had any trouble.  The local Triumph shop hasn't seen any failures in
his shop.

JHSeltzer
Bellingham, Washington
<SNIP>