RE: [ST]rear hub play. follow up

That's indeed surprising to se a bearing rolling on the axle. In addition,
they're not built at the same time at the same location. But as manufacturers sell
them, it's not an isolate case.

The needle are not conic. Having taken apart again the hub (it's in my office right now)
I was unable to detect any wearness w/ a numerical caliper (precision 1/100 mm).
I would say either the ouside cage or the needle are responsible, or the fact that the grease
is not the same (I think it was synthetic before) could induce the detection now of a play that was
here since the beginning.
Yes, we can see that the needle were rolling at the middle and the surface on this race is pretty
polished but that's it. But it was even more polished where the ouside seal is "rubbing".
Tonight, measurement at the dealer.

I suspect that they (triumph) can't guaranty no play. But if play at one end that means play at the other end.
Because it's a double bearing.
If the bearing is a C2, nominal play is arround 4/100e mm.

The only special tools needed are a 46 mm socket and a huge extracting plier to remove the hub from the arm
if you want to really clean it. I didn't do is in a first place but did the second time.

I suppose that no grease or a noise or any resistance is a problem. I am not sure a little play is.

Fred 02 ST BRG