RE: [ST]rear hub play. follow up

Fred

Haynes says "If any play is detected in the wheel hub, or if the wheel
does not rotate smoothly (and this is not due to brake or transmission
drag), the wheel bearings must be removed and inspected for wear or
damage."
Since the factory manual says removing the needle-roller bearing will
damage it, one has to assume that it must be examined in-situ i.e. in
the hub.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> Frederic.Nizery@xxxxxxxxxx 02/06/2005 08:38:56 >>>
<snip>

I suspect that they (triumph) can't guaranty no play. But if play at
one
end that means play at the other end.
Because it's a double bearing.
If the bearing is a  C2,  nominal play is arround  4/100e  mm.

The only special tools needed are a 46 mm socket and a huge extracting

plier to remove the hub from the arm
if you want to really clean it. I didn't do is in a first place but did

the second time.

I suppose that no grease or a noise or any resistance is a problem. I
am
not sure a little play is.

Fred 02 ST BRG
<<<<<<