Re: [ST] Panniers & parts info

I tried all sorts of things to waterproof the panniers on my '99. I managed
to reduce the water getting in but never really got there.

It seemed that everytime I found a water entry point and sealed it, the water
would find another way in.

I noticed water coming in through the bolts that hold the locks on, so I
pulled them off and sealed it with silicon.

I also noticed water coming in from the brackets and rivets inside the
panniers, so I sealed that.

I then noticed there were pin holes in the plastic at the rear of the
panniers, so I sealed those.

I went through the same process with the top box, but still had pack
everything into plastic bags when I went on a trip.

Hope this helps.

Brett
Sydney