RE: [ST] overdue LONG ride report part 5 the last of it

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Masiak, Richard wrote:

-Yeah. Excellent story. We didn't need to know about Dunc in his underwear
-though ;-)

Thanks.  I had almost gotten rid of that mental image.  Cripes.

--
          -Bil-

Hey hey !!! I ain't that bad :-)

And it's not like I wear whitey tighties, they be boxer briefs   :-)

I'm still not sure why I was wandering around the garage in my underwear that morning. It was a strange few days though. I had just returned from a mini LD run myself. Left Friday evening at 9:00pm and rode straight through to Natchez MS, 500 miles to arrive for breakfast at an ADV rally. Then left there Sunday AM for the return trip. Nothing like what Tim did. Just a little of 1000 miles in 46 hours, with a lot of partying in between.

Then two of the ADV heading cross country, east to west stopped over at my place Monday night. One was Vance, the mountian of a man Tim mentioned in his report. What a blast that week was. Cross country riders headed in opposite directions intersect at my house. Cool stuff, folks.

And a short note. Vance is an interesting guy. He is on a "permanant" cross country ride. He gets 40 bucks a day from some type of settlement and manages to just stay on the road. What a life. Super nice guy, salt of the earth.

STeve eLDount