[ST] Re: 2002 ST DOWN UNDER. SERIOUS RATTLE

My 2001 Rs, CA model, has a similar rattle. I don't hear it when I ride, but if i bump the exhaust header with the bike shut down there is a rattle in the collector area. There is a catalytic converter there. I don't imagine the problem will get any better, and if it's a ceramic honeycomb it will probably break up and maybe plug at some point. Anybody have any idea short of replacing the header.

2002 ST DOWN UNDER. SERIOUS RATTLE To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <4051FD3DF68C82428B74F40DFE5D9CFC29D0ED@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Is it a continuous rattle on the overrun or a one-off when you go from accelerate to overrun?

My 2k RS has a metallic rattle from the front on the transition.  But it sounds more like a baffle or something moving in the exhaust collector.  I repatriated the bike from California so does anyone know if the CA spec models have a catalytic converter in them?