Re: [ST] Pass switch

On 6/7/05, Dan Wetherington <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have a wiring diagram that explains how the "pass" switch is
> wired?  I never use it, and I think it would work for a PTT switch.  I
> just need to know how it is wired...

Dan I cannot remember what year your bike is. I have the Haynes manual
in front of me. Looking at the 99 diagram. There is a 12 pin connector
that comes out of the left switch cluster. For the passing switch pin
12 has juice coming into it off a fuse. The other wire from that
switch is connected to one side of the dip switch inside the cluster
(So I guess the low beam stays on). 2000 is the same.

So I guess the problem for you is one side of the switch does never
goes through the connector.
Rupert