Re: [ST] 1050 wheelie?

I commute in the Chicago area...  We don't have twisties to speak of,
and I'll admit to having chicken strips.  I'm not a little guy (225lbs),
and I've done probably 500 miles of my 2800 two-up.  Figure total weight
on the bike (riders and gear) at about 400lbs for those miles.  I'm
fairly hard on the gas (average around 40 mpg), do a lot of engine
braking, and AFAIK am the only one with a (possible) mileage problem on
my tires...

So don't be afraid... yet.
Dan

>>> brettwilson21@xxxxxxx 06/08/05 9:14 AM >>>
I saw the tank slapper trick on a Ducati Monster 900. Poor sod didnt
save it. He totalled the bike, broke both arms and damaged various other
bits of himself. We were shooting a video at the time so at least we
captured it.

FWIW - I regularly got around 8,000 - 10,000kms out of Bridgestone
020's on my '99.

What sort of riding are you all doing to get such low mileage??? I'm
scared to go riding with you blokes!

Brett
Sydney

www.packereng.com