Re: [ST] July Rider

An average of 36 mpg is very low, even for magazine testers.

I think a good mpg and a good range between gas stops is very important in a sport touring bike. Good MPG is nice, but good range is required. Sadly the Sprint ST has been headed the wrong direction for years. First a smaller gas tank, then lower mpg, and now it sounds like out right bad mpg.

My '00 ST averages around 47mpg. Even hard riding rarely cause the mpg to fall below 44. And in the right conditions (leading a CHP parade down HWY 5) will exceed 50 mpg.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA