RE: [ST] 1050 wheelie?

At 07:57 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
Garry wrote:
>>...or perhaps I will continue on with the Avon 49 sport front and
the sport-touring 46 rear that I also liked.<<

Garry,
I've considered this combination since the front continues to have
lots of tread in the center when the sides are worn to the wear bars.
Can you quantify the difference running the stickier front tire?
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

I run 49/50 combo. Yeah the rear wears out pretty fast
but it doesn't bother me. I bet it still goes 3-3500 mi.
And it sure feels nice heeled over. If I ride to Laguna Seca
I will put a 46 on there but keep the 49 up front.
It (49 front) has a lot of longevity for having so much grip, imo -- 6K easy I would say.

For me, I ain't gonna cut the performance of my performance-oriented
motorcycle to save $100-150 per year. Know what I mean?

Now if I rode 20K per year obviously it would be a different story....

John Petrey