Re: [ST] July Rider

Just to throw in my 0.02GBP's-worth....

I regularly get 200 UK miles out of a tankful before the amber light
comes on then another 30 before I NEED to fill up.  That sounds a lot
better than most I hear on this list although I don't get much
opportunity for triple-digit (triumph<G>) speeds.  The throttle does hit
the endstop quite often on the other hand.
It's not quite so frugle recently but it seems to be running rich;  I
actually ran out and had to stutter onto a filling-station with about
215miles on the clock this week.
My record was about 240 miles when riding with a pack that didn't want
to stop for fuel!

Chris Harwood
00 UK RS with stock can/tune

>>> Neil.Lindsey@xxxxxxx 10/06/2005 10:55:37 >>>
Errr Steve, are you sure you haven't got that backwards?

Since the UK gallon is larger, your vehicle will go further than with
US gallon.  In other words, mpg numbers are always higher when using
UK
gallons (compared to US gallons).

It was a nice idea though, certainly worth considering.

Actually I expect that the onboard computer is set to country-specific
units of measurement anyway, but who knows, maybe it was set up wrong
begin with.  I'd think that if you're going to go to the trouble of
providing on-the-fly mileage computations, you'd surely be capable of
dealing with the right units.

Neil
<<<<<