Re: [ST] July Rider

On 10 Jun 2005, at 11:14, Chris Harwood wrote:

I regularly get 200 UK miles out of a tankful before the amber light
comes on then another 30 before I NEED to fill up.

I wish i did... :)

While I am sure part of the reason is that I ride recklessly etc., I seem to recall that in a previous discussion about mileage in this thread someone observed that there were changes to the tank capacity at various points in the ST's history. I can't recall the details, but remember thinking at the time that such changes accounted for at least part of my inability to get 200 miles out of a tank full ... Presumably if there have been changes in the state of tune of the engine over time, this might also affect the mileage - making comparisons across model years difficult.

Perhaps those with better knowledge / better memory can fill in the specifics.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03