Re: [ST] I'm back

Chuck

Funny that 'Factory Trained' thing 'cos just today, I asked about a job
with a Triumph dealer who claims to have all factory trained staff.
They weren't very interested but said they were wanting someone with
experience in a franchised workshop (didn't matter which mfr).  Since I
was about to book my RS in with them, I decided not to proceed on the
strength of that.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> tri99sprint@xxxxxxxxxxx 10/06/2005 18:22:59 >>>
Greetings STlisters, it's been a while since I've subscribed to the
list. My 99 ST was suffering from 0 compression, due to mis-adjusted
valves, thanks to my local "factory trained" shop mechanic. The intakes
were all too tight and the exhaust were all too loose. They are no
longer in business, thank God!
Anyway, I retired the ST and bought myself a 2004 Tiger, which I truly
love (thanks, Mike B.).......but I found I was missing the ST, after
all, I had put over 40,000 miles on her.
So, I found an engine on Ebay, out of an '01 RS that had the air box
melt down, caused by those pesky fuel fittings. I should be installing
the engine next week, and if anyone is interested, I will keep you folks
updated as to how it works out.
With any luck, I will have a 6,000 mile motor in a 41,000 mile frame.

--
Chuck Packard
'04 Tiger, '99 ST