[ST] Hello List

So, I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself.  I bought a BRG
2002 ST nearly one month ago, it had 2501 miles and was perfect
(except for some defered time-required maintenance) for $6,000 US.
I've put about 1400 miles on it and have explored about 85% of the
envelope.  I love it.  Best bike I've ever had.

Previous bikes (as per an earlier thread) have been:

1978 Kaw KZ650   After falling over a few times while learning,
I rode this bike back and forth across the entire country.  On the
superslabs, doing 1000 mile days because I was in a hurry to get
where I was going.  With no windscreen, a worn-out stock seat, and
luggage bungied all over.  Ah, youth.  I can still almost feel the
numbness in my hands and backside 17 years later.  :)

1984 Kaw GPz750   Hotrodded this engine to try and keep up with a
buddy's 900 Ninja.  Explored many a remote mountain range.  Blasted
across open desert at sustained speeds over 140.  Got unintentionally
airborne a couple times over whoop-de-doos.  Nearly killed myself
once after passing an RV on a short straight, to find myself entering
a tight left hander way too fast.  I cranked it hard over until sparks
flew, hung off the side, got a little loose, used ALL the road,
avoided the gravelly fringe of the pavement at the exit by mere
inches.  It was mighty hairy.  A pro could've probably ridden my
bike through that curve 10mph faster in perfect control, but I was
way over my head and acutely aware of the forest of massive trees
which began a mere 6 feet from the edge of the road.  I had to pull
over and walk around for a while.  That curve is when I learned my
limitations.  At 22 years old.  How many 22 year old guys bite it
before they learn their limitations?

Next bike was a Kaw KZ400.  1980, I think.  Tons of fun at 40 mph.
Wish I still had that bike.

After many bikeless years I got back into the sport by purchasing
a brand new 2001 H-D 1200 Sportster.  What a blast from the past.
It's the Ford Model T of motorcycles.  But it just wasn't right for
an only motorcycle.  I needed something to commute on, carve mountains,
_and_ comfortably jet 200 miles away for lunch.  Hmmm...what would be
a good bike for that?