[ST] Fairing mods- HEAT

All:
I made serious mods to a set of crashed fairings and belly pans and it definitely works.....as long as you can keep moving. I actually made a second and different design for the right fairing to get the heat from the header pipe out from behind the fairing during the Summer months. I'm about to re-spray this fairing Caspian Blue to match my new '03.
NOTHING will solve the simple reality that when at a standstill, the considerable heat from the engine is going to rise straight up and cook whatever is in its path.
I have long considered the ST a "three season" bike, even though I ride it year 'round. Having read the comments from BMW riders about their "K" bikes, I consider this a cold (or hot) fact of a running a liquid cooled engine.
I told Jeremy in a private e-mail that "If you can't take the engine heat from the ST, maybe he should consider an air conditioned automobile." I wasn't kidding.
Enjoy your week-end riding,
Howard Stephen Serlick
'03 Caspian Blue ST
Hot and steamy centre city Philadelphia