RE: [ST] Tried the archives and failed, the Guinness was easier!

I've checked the overflow bottle as recommended and it's happily between the limits.  After 350 miles this weekend, now that it's registered(!!), the stock seat HURTS!  I'm spoiled by the Corbin on what is now the Wife's Hawk.  I will be replacing that as fund$ allow.  Also, Gen Mar for sure.  Those bars are still too far away for my shorty torso.  I shouldn't have to work that hard to be comfy.  And I do regularly visit the gym, so it's not a strength issue.

As for the temperature gauge, it was interesting to note as we rode Saturday afternoon in 85-90 degree heat, then Sunday evening in 75-80 temps, that the needle sat rock solid at, stay with me, half the distance between the first two marks above the second mark.  Stop and go traffic and 65mph runs between towns, highway, etc.  The engine sure thought it was pretty cool.

Bowlegging as much as possible for now, we'll see what Corbin and Gen Mar can do for me.

Man, this bike wants to run!  Big engine and tall gears, illegal speeds are so easily reached if you don't watch out.  Not sure how I simulated Iron Butt on that little Hawk now.  Deanne and I traded rides for about 20 miles on the way home and she reluctantly gave it back.  Her negatives were heat, seat and bars.  Oh, and the screen that blocks all possible venting air (STeve is fixing me up!).  Positive were the smooth throttle control, smooth, stable ride.  She's still leaning toward the previous gen VFR.  Gotta get her a test ride on one of those for comparison.

I love my bike.  Thanks for listening!

Jeremy Witt
Field Engineer
Corrugated Networking Services Inc.