[ST] wrestlin' the rack

Hey all,

Spent significant hours Saturday trying to wrestle the luggage rack I had on
the '99 onto the '03.  What a pain in the arse!

Problem 1: no matter what the rear strengthening bracket wasn't going in
unless I found a way to grind the welds down on the inside rear of the tail
section.  Anyone else had probs with that?

Problem 2: despite moving the seat latch around a ton I can't get the stock
seat to lock in.  The Sargent modified seat now fits a lot better, locks in,
but still seems to have more wiggle in the "nose" than I remember.  Since the
Sargent is build on a stock pan, I can't figure why the stock seat doesn't
lock right in too.

It also seems to me that the tail cowling rides a little higher due to the
mounting bracket raising things up a little.  Those with racks, look at your
tail light and see if you see about a 3mm gap between the bottom of the tail
light where it used to fit into the mud gaurd and the mud gaurd itself.

I'd aprreciate hearing all thoughts and info as always,

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\