[ST] Rear Axel

After a 12k service on my 2k rs, I needed to install a new chain.  When I went to re-tighten the rear axel nut, it was stripped along with the axel.  My dealer only wants about $70 for the new nut and axel, but it won't be in for 1-2 weeks, so I'm back on my 81 suzuki gs750.  I could be back in my family minivan, so the suzuki is not bad, but...not the rs either.  My questions to the list are:
1.  Does anyone have a rear axel and nut for a 2k rs and can you get it to me this week?
2.  Have I been applying the wrong torque on the rear axel nut, 110 Nm equals 81 ft.lbs.?
3.  Could the dealer have over-torqued the rear axel nut during the service? (I had the bike serviced on Thursday ($1000), and installed the chain on Saturday)