Re: [ST] nail

I have riden (and will again) with a patched rear tire a couple of times.
I never liked doing it, but I am cheap.
I think the install from the inside patches are ok, but I don't know.

I know for a fact that a roadside, install from the outside patch can start leaking after a short or long time.  So if you ride with a plug your chances of getting a second flat are much improved. Any flat is a pain and does not improve the days ride. Any flat can lead to a crash, but it is not a real high probability.

But if the plug/patch should fail, like coming out completely. The tire will go flat very, very fast. Remember the reamer you use to install the plug has made the hole very large.
Rapid tire deflation is a very very bad thing.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA