[ST] Aria Helmets

Rich Says:  "HOG WASH!  Proper fit and safety.  All you have to do is what I
did, pre-policy change.  GO to a local store.  Try on various Arai models
and find the one that fit for safety.  Then go online and and save over
$100.  My model was $429 plus tax in store.  I bought it online for $329 and
free shipping!  Same model the "fit for safety" in the rape shop. :-)

That Arai corporate crap about proper fit and safety is just that, CRAP!
Too many shops couldn't compete with the online pricing and probably went
crying to Arai, so they changed the policy.

If I can't save money and buy online then they can BITE ME.  They just lost
a returning customer.

Rich"

Hi guys:  I'm new to this list - just an older novice rider, but one who has
been around the corner a couple of times.

My take on this is similar to what you may have seen other places - if you
do as written above, it won't be long before there won't be any places you
can go to get a test fitting.  I, too, was looking for an Arai and went to
several shops, trying hats on, but was really put off by needing to pay over
$500 for a new one.  Finally, went to my Triumph dealer and asked ONLY if
they could get the model I wanted.  "Of course!" was the response and at
$340!!  Needless to say, I ordered it immediately, and they had it for me
within 3 days.  Moral to the story - establish a long-term relationship with
your dealer and chances are they'll take care of you.  Of course, our dealer
here in Portland, OR is probably THE BEST damned dealer in the business.

Anyway, stepping off the soapbox, I've been enjoying my new '05 Sprint ST
(SilverDammit) as well as getting a few miles on my '95 Daytona Super III.
The Sprint is a vast improvement over anything I've ridden before (including
my since departed T595, Daytona 1200, etc., etc.)  Handling is superb, power
is delicious and looks outstanding.  I've only got about 1300 miles on it,
but then I've only had it for a week or so.

Cheers!

Al

DTFR
MTFC