[ST] Plugged tyres

All:
I once got a huge screw in the "sweet spot" of my rear tyre while on a ride. I made sure I could maintain pressure with the screw in place and rode to a professional tyre shop. They installed an equally huge mushroom type plug. I rode carefully and wanted to make sure the plug would hold. Once I knew that the plug was firmly bonded into that tyre, I rode it until it ran out of tread, another 5K miles at all speeds and types of road with no problems.
Best,
Howard Stephen Serlick
'03 Blue ST
Steamy, humid, Philadelphia