[ST] EMU Malfunction light...

Hi

Can anyone suggest reasons why the EMU Malfunction light might come on, other than removal of the battery? Light has come on on my ST'03, but not as result of anything being done to bike other than washing it. Came back from a ride, no light on. Put bike in garage, took bike out later to hand wash (i.e. just bucket and sponge, no hoses / jet washers), put back in garage, took bike out to ride, EMU malfunction light on...

Have checked all obvious possibilities for defects I can think of - e.g. bike is OK for oil and coolant level, and nothing odd in riding behaviour (so I don't think bike is 'get you home' mode).

Any of you wiser heads got any ideas?

Best regards,

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03