Re: [ST] EMU Malfunction light...

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Gavin Lawrie wrote:

-washing it.  Came back from a ride, no light on.  Put bike in garage,
-took bike out later to hand wash (i.e. just bucket and sponge, no
-hoses / jet washers), put back in garage, took bike out to ride, EMU
-malfunction light on...

Not sure if related, but had a strange post-wash experience myself a couple of
weeks ago, only difference is I use a hose with a light "shower" nozzle to
rinse, careful to not spray "sensitive" areas, har!

Anyway, snapped the GPS into the cradle and had no power there.  Strange,
connections and fuse seemed to check out.  Rolled the bike out to fire it, and
after 2-3 failed starting attempts turned the key back off to ponder the
problem.  Seemed a little slow to crank too.  Tried once more, slow crank did
fire.  Once fired, power to GPS cradle appeared.

No problem since, but no explanation either.  Wonder if we have something that
doesn't like getting wet.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\