Re: [ST] SS Brake Lines?

Nate,

I understand about trying to be thorough, as I generally take some walnut shell media wrapped in a rag to act as a softer yet functional emery cloth.. I second time in doing so, I did push 1 piston out of the seal, and almost though that the seal would be destroyed, but luckily, it only had 11k on it at the time. Now, nearing 36k, the piston still isn't leaking..
Also, that is very true with the less travel, much more sensitive lever feel with that master, but takes but a couple rides to get used to.. I did a similar conversion on my GSXR, only to be very happy to this day ( 3yrs ago) with the change. I also like more adjustability with my brake levers, as the brembo will give me.

Justin

Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Justin,

Just be forewarned, the last guy who I know who did a MC swap on an RS
was not pleased with the results, specifically the reduced feel and
increased sensitivity. I'm sure you're aware, but just in case, if
you're using a larger MC you're pushing more fluid with less lever travel
(as I understand things) through the system. This means that the
effective stroke of the brake lever will be reduced and that you'll
achieve maximum pad pressure sooner. That may or may not be a good thing
depending on your perspective.

For the record it took me about an hour of "work the piston out, clean
it, check it, repeat" to get mine clean the first time. My initial
effort, which was limited to cleaning the exposed part of the piston, had
little to no effect. I had to get to the unexposed portion of the piston
to really free things up. When you're cleaning the pistons are you
checking to make sure they're moving ok?

Just trying to be a thorough helper :).

Nate
00SprintRS

JUSTIN SHREAVES wrote:
> Nate,
>
> Thanks for the info, but everytime I change tires and/or brake pads,
I clean the hell out of the pistons. All of my bikes get this treatment,
as I am hard on my bikes, and especially the brakes. Luckily, I get
almost 6k out of a set of D208's, so it's done very frequently, lol.
But thanks again for the advice. I was debating for a while on the
brembo, as I heard the 19x18mm radial makes it more like superbike
brakes, and will bring it more like my track bike's brakes. Now it
has just forced me to finally get it.