RE: [ST] SS brake lines

After everything on this topic has been performed multiple times over as standard maintance, I have decided on tearing down the master, as the replacement will be in shortly. My GSXR is going to be my temporary (as legal problems will most likely arise over lack of DOT lighting) transport for the next week or so. After removal and disassembly, the verdict will be made and posted. Pics will be available one my camera is found(tis in one of my tank bags from last fall, in my storage shed).

Justin

Rick & Joyce <rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Neil wrote:
>> Point of clarification -- I think that what we're talking about
here is
not really a MUSHY feel to the brakes, but actually more of an issue
with the amount of FREE PLAY before the brakes begin to operate. <<

>> Truly mushy feeling brakes are more of an indication that the brake
system needs to be bled. <<

I agree with the theory of everything you said but in practice, at
least on my bike, the pump & clean procedure does result in a firmer
lever AND less free play. Go figure!
--
Cheers,
Rick in Oregon