Re: [ST] Octane

On 6/16/05, Jeremy Witt <jeremyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know anything about the Sprint's computers, but I do know that my Prelude requires 91 or better and will actually turn down the power, presumably by retarding the spark, if lesser gas is used.  Automatic anti-knock.  My boss has a Subaru Outback that requires 91 as well and he has run both 91 and 87.  He's done it enough to note that he gets 2 fewer MPG on 87.  No comment on performance differences but the cost difference is a wash.
>
> These days, if you hear your engine knocking, something is really wrong.  Most (if not all) ECMs generally take care of it before it's noticeable or audible.

My SAAB also has senses knocking and does something about it. The
Sprint ST does not do this. Does anyone know if there are any street
bikes with knock sensors?

When at the track last week someone I know with a 2-stroke race bike
was showing me the knock sensor/counter he has on it. In this case it
just keeps a count of the knocks.
Rupert