RE: [ST] Octane

Matt, how the hell did the universal gas equation get into this????  By
the way that's an "n" not and "m" for Avagadro's number, but the who cares
because it does NOT apply to the Octane rating.  Both RON and MON have a
special engine that is used to determine the "octane" rating based against
certain standands.  For example, I think, 90% Iso-Octane and 10% some kind
of heptane in one of those standards is 90 octane.  In the USA we just
average the two standards. Basic math, RON rating plus MON rating divided
by two. In rock head language, take a gallon of gas, determine it's
anti-knock rating using the RON engine, do it again for the MON engine,
then average the two.  You can NOT say that you need RON 95 for 10:1
compression because head design has changed.  You may need RON 90 for 11:1
in a Honda and RON 99.99 for a 10:1 1966 426 Hemi.

Before Mr. Doo has a chance to tell me this BS is BS, go ride.  Sprints
use the middle of the road stuff as spec'd by the factory in every corner
of the world.