RE: [ST] EMU Malfunction light... Battery Life

Bil wrote:
> Hard to say without something to read the code with - and if it did
indicate something urgent why would they make it light up after a
battery disconnect? <

I'm not sure that disconnecting the battery triggers the MIL; at least
it didn't when I replaced my OE battery last month.

Which triggers another question:  I've seen lots of comments about
premature battery failures but can't help but wonder if other owners
have had longer than usual service from the OE battery?  My original
wasn't giving me any trouble but I replaced it proactively prior to
heading out of town on an extended trip.  Now that I'm back, I may
reinstall the OE to see how long it'll last...

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST