Re: [ST] Plugged Tires, Final Answer

Great,  y'all had to go and jinx me...  I get back from my first long
trip (1100 miles in 4 days) and during the last 40 miles the bike is
squirming a little.  I get home and check tire pressures, and guess
what, the rear is at <10psi.

So I find a nice thin piece of metal in the tire, almost dead center.
Now I've been planning on changing my tires anyway (approx 4k on them,
major flat spot on the rear which I'll explain in the RIDE report that
is soon to come), but have a dilema.  I need to get the bike to the
shop.  [sarcasm] Will it be okay to ride to the shop on a plugged tire?
[/sarcasm]

Really though, where do I get one of these "string plugs" people are
talking about?

TIA!
Dan

www.packereng.com