Re: [ST] But now fuel is pissing all over my garage floor.....

I live right in Ridgewood, about a 25 minute ride from you, lol..

Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:In a previous email, JUSTIN SHREAVES wrote:

> Very nice.. I just swapped the recall parts into my bike last
> tuesday, as I had a plastic one snap while installing my new tankbag
> straps. I got the recall parts for free from Cycle connection, 2 days
> before they closed down.

Whoa. Stop. Time out. Cycle Connection? Where do you live?

> So I had them sitting around for a while, as
> I though I was going to need a special tool for those funny looking
> clamps. Well, as I had no other options if I wanted to make it to
> Americade, I just replaced them, and used my CV Boot clamp pliers,
> which made it take all of twenty seconds. But, now that I know of the
> Team Triumph kit, I am ordering this..

The TT kit explains how to install them with a regular socket. They even
go as far as wrapping teflon tape on the male threads of the one that
screws into the fuel pump plate.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment."
-- Barry LePatner