From: David Earl
Subject: [ST] Penske vs. Ohlins vs. ???

So it's finally crunch time on my rear shock.  I've read all the lit, so I
don't need a primer.  I have an Ohlins on my BMW and I love it, and I'm
familiar with it's characteristics.  What I'm wondering is if there's anyone
out there in ST land that has had BOTH a Penske and an Ohlins, or an Ohlins
and something else that they would consider a better option.
Like I said, I have an Ohlins on the BMW, but I really want something with
height adjustments, based on the recommendation of my tuner who thinks
raising the rear height will cure the "standing up under front braking"
situation. Unfortunately the Ohlins with height adjustment only comes for
the Daytona/SpeedTriple.   If the Ohlins turns out to be the best option, I
can always drop the trees, but I'm trying to avoid losing the ground
clearance as my FIRST choice.
I can get a pretty good deal on an Ohlins, and I'm a little put off by
stories I've heard re: Lindeman.  Then again, I've waited six years so I can
wait a couple more weeks.  I want to order next week,  Thanks in advance for
any light you can shed on my dilema.
David
'99ST