Re: [ST] H-D hatred

Les,

I have to say I'm somewhat converted - but not just yet!

A few years back I was on the sunny Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia and
as I was between bikes at the time, I decided to hire one for a few days. The
only thing available was a brand new HD Heritage Softail. Having never thrown a
leg over a HD before, I thought "what the hell, I'll give it a go".

I have to say I was very surprised. I took a while to get used to the riding
position and the way it put power to the ground, but after about an hour I was
having a ball! I was scraping the boards in every corner and no matter what I
did this bike just soaked it up.

If I should choose to own one it would be just like every other bike I have
owed - its there to be ridden. Whats the point otherwise?

The bloody things are just so expensive on our little island, as are any
custom bits for them. I have spoken to quite a few owners that are also quite a
annoyed at the culture that has built up around them.

Any pics of the Sportster?

Brett
Sydney