RE: [ST] For James, Blue Ridge Parkway

Thanks Doug.  Doing well.  Am now on round 7 of chemo and going strong.
Have gained all my weight back but not the strength.  I think riding
will help me there, chuckle.  Well, that's what I tell my wife!

You're not late.  This trip won't happen for a few weeks.

Below are some links I gathered while looking for The Peaks (Phone:
(540-586-4357) are below.

 -
http://www.virginia.org/site/description.asp?AttrID=12884&MGrp=1&MCat=12
 - http://www.blueridgeparkway.info/
 - http://www.blueridgeparkway.info/blue_ridge_parkway.htm
 - http://www.libertyhouseinn.com/
 - http://www.blueridgeparkway.info/blue_ridge_parkway_map.htm
 - http://wp21.com/liberty/

Peaks of Otter - For more than 8,000 years, people have traveled through
the area searching for both their livelihood and recreation. Native
Americans passed through the area while hunting, and the earliest
European settlers began arriving in the mid-1700's. By 1834 the first
inn had opened, and by the turn of the century the Peaks of Otter had
become a popular tourist destination. Today the Peaks of Otter is still
a major developed area on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The motor road follows
the crest of the ridge into the Peaks area. In the valley formed by
Sharp Top, Flat Top and Harkening Hill, there is a lodge and restaurant,
visitor center, campground, picnic area and historic farm. The mountains
all have trails ranging from less than a mile to more than four miles,
and there is nearby access to the   Appalachian Trail. In addition, the
area is almost totally surrounded by the Jefferson National Forest,
which only adds to its appeal as a destination for Parkway visitors.

The Johnson Farm and Polly Wood's Ordinary represent two historic
periods at the Peaks. Polly Wood's cabin served as the first lodging for
travellers through the area starting in the early 1830's. The Johnson
Farm sheltered three generations of the Johnson family, and today it is
a living history farm during the summer where you can play games, help
work the garden, or just sit on the porch and relax in a rocking chair.
Click here for information or reservations at the Peaks of Otter Lodge.

Thanks,
James