[ST] Sticky Brakes

Quick ping for help:

The brakes on my RS (33k) have gone horrible.  "Stiction" is the only word I can think of to describe it.  Braking gently, all is OK.  As I squeeze the lever harder, nothing happens until I get to a certain "squeeze" when the lever moves and I get a sudden increase in braking force.  Not pleasant.

I've cleaned up the calipers (although were OK to start with) and all pistons are moving freely. Fluid was changed about 7k ago.  There is some wear on the pad retaining pins and the anti-rattle springs but not a masive amount.  I'm thinking now it must be a master cylinder problem.

Anyone had the same?