RE: [ST] low beam

>From: Marc Van Est
>I got it back wired so that both lights come on on high beam,
>but only the right light on low beam. The high beam works great,
>The low beam is useless : not bright enough, and not a nice
>spread of light. Someone on this list posted  links to pics
>of where to plug in the relays etc,

Voila: http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/412756 (is for '01 ST)
Put some Philips Visionplus or Osram Silverstar bulbs in there,
connect the right relays to make them both burn and turn up your
(low/high) beam to the correct height, then you should have a great
low beam, I do at least. Don't go for "blue" bulbs or other colors,
they only block a lot of light with those filters.

Some background bulb information following. Here an article about
the fashion value of blue bulbs:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html
Standard bulb test:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_story.php?id=39920
+30% bulb test:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_story.php?id=39919
+50% bulb test (best by far and because they are "uncool white" they
are usually cheaper as well):
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_story.php?id=39917

Emile
www.piloot.com