[ST] The WIDE new ST hard-bags....

I really don't understand Triumph's logic in these new bags. <<<

Seems to me they're catering to those who pay hundreds of $ for fancy helmets and are then loathe to leave them cabled to the bike. Seems to me a better solution would have been to make the side bags narrower and offer an accessory Two-Helmet Tailbag for the tail-rack which would hold two full-face hats. Alternatively, they could easily offer a choice of two hard bags, wide and narrow, at minimum tooling costs.

when the factory bags look like such an afterthought, why not go
with aftermarket at half the cost? <<<
And a Givi combo might even be a bit slimmer than this stock setup.... <<<
I measured one at the Team Triumph open house they are ....get ready for

   Being curious, I went out and measured my GIVIs across the back of my RS, the 28 liter bags (for everyday) measured 32-and-a-half inches across;... the 36 liter bags (for touring) measured 34-and-a-half inches across.    One foot is a big difference!

                                                                            doggydoo       - - - o&\o