Re: [ST] Sticky/Stiff Throttle Pull?

In a message dated 29/06/2005 12:52:23 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time,
garrysimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Garry have you removed the cable and lubed it? There was a recent
> > thread on preferred cable lube.

I had a clutch cable break on my '99. On a Saturday morning, thankfully not
to far from home. Riding home without the clutch was an interesting and
enlightening experience. When I finally got a replacement, I went to great trouble to
lube it with a Castrol product called "Underground Moisture Control". Its
specifically developed for the mining industry. It took a while to make sure it
got all the way through the cable. But it was worth the effort. I always
thought that the Sprint had a slightly heavy clutch, but then found out what a bit
of lubricant can do! I was planning on doing the same to the throttle cable,
but alas, a stray dog ended those plans.

May she rest in peace. *sniff* The best bike I've had so far.

Brett
Sydney