[ST] K&N Oil Filters

Steven,
I had the exact same experience. Not only was it about $18 on the floor
but what a mess.  I had two of them and put the second one on the threads
were fubared on that one too.  After the second one I was worrying about
it scewing up the threads on the bike, so I scrambled into the parts fiche
to make sure you could replace that pipe gizmo and it looks like you can.
I'm going back to the Triumph brand, the cost difference just ain't worth
it.

Rod