Re: [ST] 2005 ST

I find the Telegraph's perspective on the suspension interesting...

"Triumph has established itself in the relatively short time since its
1991 reincarnation as a leader in the art of suspension set-up, and the
Sprint underlines why. Ridden gently, it's soft bordering on the
luxurious, yet pushed hard it retains its composure, dealing assuredly
with the potholes, ruts and ridges a sports biker will adjust his line
to avoid, for fear of bar-flapping kickbacks."

Why is it, then, that we all seem ready to upgrade our suspension with
heavier oil, stiffer springs, and emulators?  Didn't we just have a
discussion about this?

All in all, another decent article.  I can't wait to ride one, but at
the same time, I'm glad I got my 03.

Nice work with the photo, Rupert.

Dan

>>> rupert@xxxxxxxxxx 03/02/05 8:51 AM >>>
I read the two page write up of the 2005 ST in the April Ride
yesterday.
Basically they conclude that it is comfortably ahead of the VFR and
200
quid cheaper. I think Triumph have a real winner on their hands.

There is also a write up in the Telegraph
http://tinyurl.com/5dqy6
I am happy to see that they realize that the power delivery of the
triple combined with compliant suspension makes for a bike that works
on
real roads.

I also found the mention of a higher passenger seat interesting. I
while
back when playing with images for the new site I put this together
http://www.rgalea.com/st/
Moving the mouse on and off the image lets you compare the two bikes
and
one thing I noticed was the change in angle of the seat due to the
under-seat exhaust.

Rupert

 *   *

www.packereng.com