RE: [ST] Power Units

> Does anyone know what "PS" units for horse power mean and how to convert
> horsepower (measured in PS) to bhp units?
>
> I assume PS are metric units?  My conversion calculator doesn't have units
of "PS"
> and I can't find one that does.

Rich,
From:  http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/

Pferdestärke (ps)
German word for horsepower, meaning the metric horsepower. The symbol ps is
used for horsepower in both the Japanese and German automotive industries.

Metric horsepower
A unit of power, defined to be the power required to raise a mass of 75
kilograms at a velocity of 1 meter per second. This is approximately 735.499
watts or 0.986 32 horsepower. The unit is known in French as cheval vapeur,
in Spanish as caballo de vapor, and in German as Pferdestärke.

Sorry you asked? ;O)

- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST