RE: [ST] Re: Milky oil anyone?

Hi Barry,

Yeah I asked around in hope about the core plug possibility but nobody suggested of one internal that might be the problem.

I'm off to PLymouth this weekend which should complete my how much water's it using investigation.  Given that it looks like it might be a crack (or a plug) rather than Head gasket, I agree I'll probably flush the engine, change the oil and rad weld it and see what happens.  Worst is that it keeps it happy for a few thousand miles whilst I eBay for a second hand lump...

Triumph-ant want 940 quid (inc VAT) for a recon lump (part ex), apparently with a minimum of new mains, big ends, cam chain and liners/rings if necessary and a three month warranty.  They dont do non-recon used lumps.  I agree Sandy knew his stuff on the phone but was a bit dismissive; hey, my Triumphs dying, I need some empathy man!

I'll have a look at Taylors and Three Cross, not heard of either of them.  Ta.

I'm not having much luck with this bike, am I?

Ps I can confirm your dealers p ex values.  Fowlers offered 1400 quid in p-ex for a new CBR600.